It’s common knowledge that vacations are about exploring, relaxing, and getting away from your daily grind. But a staycation is the perfect way to get vacation bliss during these uncertain travel times. I’m not talking about Netflix binges all day (although that is a time and place too), I’m talking about an experience that’ll make you appreciate your city a whole new way. Here are 9 tips for creating a staycation that rivals any vacation.
1. Make It an Overnight: Airbnb and VRBO are starting to open up, so staying a night can feel like a real vacation. It’s so easy to get into vacation mode when you stay at a local hotel. Did we mention room service? It’s pretty much a given. (via Airbnb)
2. Play Photographer: Instagram and vacations go hand in hand, but you don’t have to leave your city to go Instagram crazy. Take tons of pics from every angle and turn them into a fun DIY project that’ll serve as a love note for your city. (via Artifact Uprising)
3.Act like a tourist: Many cities offer informational tours and digital tours that showcase history, architecture, and hidden food scenes. After all, you never know what you’ll learn.
4. Eat breakfast in bed: You can’t beat breakfast food, coffee, and a fluffy pillow on vacation. (via The Glitter Guide)
5.Don’t Wait in Lines: The best thing about a staycation is you already know about the best places to eat. (via @bangbangpie) If you do want to try a foodie hotspot, make a reservation if they now require one and go there at non-peak hours.
6. Try a New Restaurant, Even for Takeout. We all have that running list of restaurants we’re supposed to try, but never do. (via Tupelo Honey Cafe, Asheville, NC) Get some food on your bucket list during your staycation, even if it’s takeout in a local park.
7.Try a new workout or learn a new recipe; you might just find a new interest. (via Brit + Co Classes)
8.If you’re looking to up your baking skills or dream up new summer recipes, try out a new recipe. (via Brit + Co)
9. Pamper yourself on a Spa Day: Vacations do call for some R&R, so get pampering. (via Brit + Co)
How do you make the most of a staycation? Share with us